In Neighbor Island News, Maui county firefighters are monitoring a brush fire on Kahoolawe. A helicopter was sent out just before10 this morning. A battalion chief onboard confirmed an active brush fire on the southeast end of the island at Kaalai-Kahiki. It’s estimated the fire has burned about 100 acres. Officials say there is no active fire-fighting because of the explosives from the military remaining on the island. It’s not known what started the fire.
- Kauai reports two new cases of COVID-19 on Dec. 1
- Giving Tuesday: Empowering the next generation of young professionals
- Warning level surf expected from first large northwest swell of the year
- Police on scene following armed robbery at Waipahu barbershop
- Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State to be played at Aloha Stadium on Saturday