HONOLULU (KHON2) — Firefighters contained a brush fire that happened on Maui on February 29, around 6 a.m.
According to the Maui Fire Department, the brush fire happened along milepost 26.5 Piilani Highway. Officials estimate the size of the fire to be about two acres of light brush.
No one was displaced, evacuated, or injured during the duration of the fire. As for the cause of it, it is unknown at this time.
The fire is 100 percent contained is expected to be declared extinguished soon, said Maui fire officials.
- Heavy rain threat diminishing by early Wednesday
- Visitor to Diamond Head tragedy home says she tried to help, but laws prevented agencies from helping
- Families of fallen officers grieve one year anniversary of Diamond Head tragedy
- Hawaii nursing homes COVID-19 cases low compared to national numbers
- Some local retailers turn focus to online sales in 2021 as COVID-19 pandemic continues