KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Maui County has made it easier for people to find their way to the ocean.
The county recently launched a new website with a map viewer that provides an atlas of more than 200 public access locations on Maui, Lanai and Molokai.
Viewers can search by locations or by whether or not a site has a sandy beach and restrooms.
Most of the sites feature 360-degree photos of the access point, access path and shoreline. It also includes links to other information, such as weather, surf reports, water quality, public access rights and Aha Moku land management and stewardship principles.
To access the website and map viewer, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing