HONOLULU (KHON2) — A piece of history could be yours.
A huge online auction is underway. Up for sale is the collection from the Home of the Brave Museum and Brewseum on Waimanu Street, which sadly closed its doors.
Many of the items for sale are from World War II. Others are vintage collectibles from the same era. This includes Coke bottles, koa canoes, and even a Jeep from 1942.
“This is pretty unique. I mean, yeah. We’ve auctioned off bits and pieces of memorabilia before but this will be the first time that we will have a collection like this,” said Oahu Auctions President Dave Brandt. “It’s kinda one of those things that if the item could speak to you, I bet it would get some interesting stories. I mean, there’s a propeller over there that’s twisted up. Who knows what happened there, helmets that who knows what kind of action they saw and uniforms, Jeeps and all kinds of different things.”
The auction ends at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 26.
If you’d like to see what’s up for sale, click here.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, flash flood watch issued for all islands
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn