HONOLULU (KHON2) — A piece of history could be yours.
A huge online auction is underway. Up for sale is the collection from the Home of the Brave Museum and Brewseum on Waimanu Street, which sadly closed its doors.
Many of the items for sale are from World War II. Others are vintage collectibles from the same era. This includes Coke bottles, koa canoes, and even a Jeep from 1942.
“This is pretty unique. I mean, yeah. We’ve auctioned off bits and pieces of memorabilia before but this will be the first time that we will have a collection like this,” said Oahu Auctions President Dave Brandt. “It’s kinda one of those things that if the item could speak to you, I bet it would get some interesting stories. I mean, there’s a propeller over there that’s twisted up. Who knows what happened there, helmets that who knows what kind of action they saw and uniforms, Jeeps and all kinds of different things.”
The auction ends at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 26.
If you’d like to see what’s up for sale, click here.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank
- Voter registration deadline approaches for the 2020 Primary Election