HONOLULU (KHON2) — A piece of history could be yours.
A huge online auction is underway. Up for sale is the collection from the Home of the Brave Museum and Brewseum on Waimanu Street, which sadly closed its doors.
Many of the items for sale are from World War II. Others are vintage collectibles from the same era. This includes Coke bottles, koa canoes, and even a Jeep from 1942.
“This is pretty unique. I mean, yeah. We’ve auctioned off bits and pieces of memorabilia before but this will be the first time that we will have a collection like this,” said Oahu Auctions President Dave Brandt. “It’s kinda one of those things that if the item could speak to you, I bet it would get some interesting stories. I mean, there’s a propeller over there that’s twisted up. Who knows what happened there, helmets that who knows what kind of action they saw and uniforms, Jeeps and all kinds of different things.”
The auction ends at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 26.
If you’d like to see what’s up for sale, click here.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Infrastructure bill: President Biden pushes plan amid bipartisan tensions, Dems infighting
- Brian Laundrie search: Officers carrying large rifles into Carlton Reserve are ‘training and searching,’ police say
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter announces Waihee, Maui, couple as longest Married Couple in 2021
- Our Kuleana, with Pashyn Santos Show Uses Humor to Highlight Health
- Rainbow Children’s Book Honors Pregnancy & Infant Loss