HONOLULU (KHON2) — Molokai police and medics responded to reports of an incoming dive boat with an unresponsive man aboard on February 15.
Officials said that the investigation revealed that 26-year-old Duane Harold Parsley II, was stationed at Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu. He was a part of a scuba diving tour but did not return to his boat as scheduled at 9 a.m.
Parsley was later found unresponsive in an area outside of Kawela I, which is also known as Blue Sand Hole, in under 50 feet of water.
Parsley died despite attempts to revive the man.
His official cause of death has not yet been determined, pending an autopsy.
- KFD responds to multiple overnight house fires
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- DPP halts in-person meetings after Honolulu Hale coronavirus cluster