KANEOHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The man who was shot dead by Honolulu police officers on Monday, Dec. 28, 2020 has been identified as 45-year-old Caillen Gentzler of Wahiawa.
Are you ready for hurricane season, find local resources and preparation advice here
The medical examiner says he suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
It happened at the Ahuimanu public housing.
Police say Gentzler was wanted in connection with a kidnapping case who also had an outstanding warrant.
When officers identified themselves, they say Gentlzer ran away, got into his car, and drove towards them.
That’s when they fired their weapons.
Police say Gentzler had 48 prior convictions.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Freedom Caucus issues series of demands on year-end legislation in ‘Policy Festivus’
- There’s something for everyone at the Hawaiʻi Holiday Craft & Gift Fair
- What it takes for the 39th Eddie to take place
- ‘Home Alone,’ ‘Seinfeld’ actor diagnosed with cancer, family says
- What to watch in the battle over Trump’s trial calendar