KANEOHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — The man who was shot dead by Honolulu police officers on Monday, Dec. 28, 2020 has been identified as 45-year-old Caillen Gentzler of Wahiawa.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
The medical examiner says he suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
It happened at the Ahuimanu public housing.
Police say Gentzler was wanted in connection with a kidnapping case who also had an outstanding warrant.
When officers identified themselves, they say Gentlzer ran away, got into his car, and drove towards them.
That’s when they fired their weapons.
Police say Gentzler had 48 prior convictions.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Kaiwi, pup approached by 2 dogs, officials remind beachgoers to stay clear of seals
- UH men’s volleyball saves best for last as yearslong journey comes full circle
- Several Hawaii universities hold modified graduation ceremonies
- Hawaii men’s volleyball to hold championship celebration drive-by on campus Sunday
- UH softball drops twinbill at Cal State Fullerton