AIEA, Hawaii (KHON2) – A man is dead after an accident on the H-1 Freeway westbound at the Aiea off ramp.
The accident happened around 5:30 p.m. July 11.
The driver is a 21-year-old man who had two 20-year-old female passengers, according to authorities.
Police say that the driver was going westbound on the H-1 freeway. He lost control at the Aiea off-ramp, and the vehicle rolled over the embankment. The incident prompted a road closure at that location.
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition where he later died. The two passengers were taken to the hospital. One in good condition and one in serious condition, according to Honolulu EMS officials.
Police say that speed may be a factor in this collision. It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were factors.
This is the twenty-eighth traffic fatality of the year, compared to 31 at the same time last year.
The Latest on KHON2
- An uptick in showers expected statewide
- Portion of Kamehameha Hwy onto H3 eastbound closed due to fatal crash
- 2020 Masters tournament to tee off in November with no patrons or guests
- Social Scene: Blockbuster AirBnB
- Biden, Harris to make unusual campaign debut in virus era