HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 73-year-old man is dead after being brought to shore by Ocean Safety on Saturday, July 4.
The man was identified as Ronald Hasegawa of Honolulu.
Responders with the Honolulu Fire Department responded to a report of an unresponsive man on a boat off of Ft. DeRussey in Waikiki around 8:30 a.m.
According to Honolulu EMS, the man apparently fell off the boat and into the water. A surfer had found the man and gave him CPR while alerting first responders.
Ocean Safety brought the man to shore where CPR was continued, but responders were not able to revive the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Latest Stores on KHON2
- Rep. Sharon Har apologizes to House Chamber days after arrest
- Rainbow Wahine basketball use bye week to reset ahead final four regular season games, starting with Long Beach State
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again
- Apply for the 70th Cherry Blossom Festival
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress