HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 73-year-old man is dead after being brought to shore by Ocean Safety on Saturday, July 4.
The man was identified as Ronald Hasegawa of Honolulu.
Responders with the Honolulu Fire Department responded to a report of an unresponsive man on a boat off of Ft. DeRussey in Waikiki around 8:30 a.m.
According to Honolulu EMS, the man apparently fell off the boat and into the water. A surfer had found the man and gave him CPR while alerting first responders.
Ocean Safety brought the man to shore where CPR was continued, but responders were not able to revive the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Latest Stores on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers