The man charged with manslaughter in a Wahiawa shooting has pleaded not guilty.
Bernard Decoito is being held at OCCC on a million dollars bail. He’s accused of shooting 30-year-old Malia Soma-Valmoja last month during an argument. If convicted, Decoito could face an extended sentence because he’s a repeat offender who has already been convicted of a felony.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State