Malfunctioning laptop, power cord sparks Aiea house fire

Local News

Honolulu fire investigators say a malfunctioning laptop and power cord caused a house fire in Aiea on Thursday morning.

The call came in at 6:18 a.m.

Firefighters responded to a two-alarm blaze on the corner of Pilikoa Street and Kanaloa Street.

They saw smoke and flames coming from the rear window of the single story home.

The Honolulu Fire Department says a man, woman and young boy were inside the home at the time but all made it out safe.

We’re told the residents smelled smoke and saw flames before fleeing the house. 

Firefighters were able to quickly get the fire out.

“The damage was contained to the back room of origin. There was smoke damage throughout the house but structurally, the house is sound. The guys did a great job in saving the structure,” Battalion Chief Paul Fukuda said.

Damage is estimated at $140,000.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories