HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police are investigating a fire that sent an elderly woman to the hospital and classified the case as arson.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The fire broke out shortly before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, at an apartment on Wilder Street. Honolulu Emergency Medical Services said firefighters found a 72-year-old woman unconscious in a unit.
She was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Police haven’t said anything about what led up to the fire have yet identify a suspect.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Mikey Monis Meets Up and Coming Recording Artist, Chauncy Bermodez
- Take Masterclass with Janet Jackson’s Makeup Artist Preston Meneses
- Having worked through difficult terrain in the offseason, Hawaii’s Wayne Taulapapa eager to run as Virginia’s featured running back in 2020
- Ho’ōla Nā Pua Warns of Sex Trafficking & Exploitation & Offers Help
- City of Honolulu will resume in-person customer services on Sept. 24