HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police are investigating a fire that sent an elderly woman to the hospital and classified the case as arson.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The fire broke out shortly before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, at an apartment on Wilder Street. Honolulu Emergency Medical Services said firefighters found a 72-year-old woman unconscious in a unit.
She was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Police haven’t said anything about what led up to the fire have yet identify a suspect.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Dogs being trained to sniff-out COVID at Maui non-profit
- Breezy trade winds to continue on Thanksgiving Day, with windward and mauka showers
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America