HONOLULU (KHON2) — A major road work project is set to kick off Thursday on the H-1 Freeway.
Crews will be doing pavement preservation work between the Pearl city and Halawa Interchange filling in potholes and applying surface treatment.
This will involve closing up to 4 westbound lanes and up to 3 eastbound lanes.
The timing of the closures will also vary from day to day.
Thursday night crews will start at 6:30 p.m.
Lanes will reopen by 4 a.m. Friday.
The closures will run through the August 22.
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election
- Mayors want inter-island travelers tested after arrival, but admit there aren’t enough tests
- Student sexually assaulted at UH Manoa’s Frear Hall