HONOLULU (KHON2) — A local fisherman has quite a story to tell, and he has the video to prove it.
Devin Kanda said that he was fishing in a kayak with some friends off of Diamond Head on the 4th of July when a large tiger shark swam right at him, and then right underneath his kayak, slightly bumping it.
Fortunately, Kanda saw the shark coming just in time, and was able to get his hands and feet out of the water. He said that after the initial encounter, the shark swam away.
Kanda said that he was surprised rather than frightened. He added that he was in awe because of its size.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Maui woman’s 180-mile hike led to the removal of over 3,000 pounds of plastic debris
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 121 new cases, brings state total to 14,672