HONOLULU (KHON2) — Get your appetite ready. Friday is National Donut Day. In honor of the special day, several bakeries will be giving away free donuts.
The day of pastry was created in 1938 to honor Salvation Army donut lassies: women who served the treats to soldiers during world war one.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Here is a list of businesses giving away free donuts:
- 3040 Ualena Street #40th, Honolulu, HI 96819
- 4100 Rice St #4, Lihue, HI 96766
PURVÉ Donut Stop
- 1234 Kona St, Honolulu, HI 96814
- 433 Kele St, Kahului, HI 96732
- Aloha Island Mart, 94-780 Farrington Hwy, Waipahu, HI 96797
- 98-1002 Moanalua Rd, Aiea, HI 96701
- 1170 Kuala St Suite 300, Pearl City, HI 96782
- Aloha Island Mart, 45-620 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, HI 96744
- 3270 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819