HONOLULU (KHON2) — A project to beautify Oahu’s leeward coast community kicked off on Saturday morning.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Artists started painting murals on traffic boxes along Farrington Highway in Nanakuli. The project will involve more than 25 traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha. Valley of Rainbows is spearheading the initiative, which is being funded by a $25,000 grant from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).
All of the artists have a connection to the leeward coast and the murals will showcase the beauty and legends of the area.
- Game Preview: ‘Bows look to bounce back against undefeated Nevada at Aloha Stadium this Saturday
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- LIVE: Biden, Harris formally introduce national security team