HONOLULU (KHON2) — The light trade winds will be gaining strength Thursday as a new surface high approaches the islands from the northwest.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Trades will become moderate to locally breezy as the high passes north of the islands Friday and Friday night.
The trades are then expected to collapse Saturday morning, with local sea breezes taking over in the afternoon, especially for the smaller islands.
Light and variable winds on Sunday over the western half of the island chain will give way to trade winds on Sunday night and Monday.
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Flu cases down amid COVID-19, doctors warn it could come back worse next year
- Ala Wai flood project more expensive than expected
- Hawaii women’s basketball wins conference home opener over Cal State Fullerton
- Police close Kaukonahua Road following critical traffic accident