HONOLULU (KHON2) — The president of Damien Memorial School will not be returning to the job.
A letter to the staff was sent on Thursday, June 25. Brother Brian Walsh had been the school’s president for the last 18 months.
The letter says Doctor Kyle Atabay will be head of school for the new school year, while a search for a new president begins in the fall. They hope to fill the position by July 1, 2021.
School officials did not disclose why Walsh will not be returning.
It was also revealed on Thursday that Damien dismissed multiple staff members, including its football and boy’s basketball coaches.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Matson worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank