HONOLULU (KHON2) — The president of Damien Memorial School will not be returning to the job.
A letter to the staff was sent on Thursday, June 25. Brother Brian Walsh had been the school’s president for the last 18 months.
The letter says Doctor Kyle Atabay will be head of school for the new school year, while a search for a new president begins in the fall. They hope to fill the position by July 1, 2021.
School officials did not disclose why Walsh will not be returning.
It was also revealed on Thursday that Damien dismissed multiple staff members, including its football and boy’s basketball coaches.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Marijuana violations have taken over 10,000 truck drivers off the road this year, adding more supply chain disruptions
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center announces season outlook for 2022
- ‘There’s literally blood everywhere’: Virginia students find school halls covered in blood
- Hawaii reports 7,149 COVID cases, 12 new deaths
- Baby formula shortage hits home for mother of triplets