HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — Qualified applicants are being sought to enter into long-term lease agreements for the former Uncle Billy’s Hilo Bay Hotel and County Club Condominium Hotel in the Banyan Drive area of Hilo.
The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) published legal notices on Saturday, Aug. 22 announcing the Requests for Proposals (RFP) for the two iconic properties.
DLNR also disclosed that both properties will require substantial investments for renovations and functional operations. The department is hoping to receive proposals that will promote the continued revitalization of Banyan Drive and help re-establish East Hawai‘i as a travel destination.
Interested applicants can get more information at these links:
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Human smuggling investigation underway after semitruck hits SUV carrying 25 people, killing 13
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- Lt. Gov. Green wants to eliminate inter-island quarantine
- ‘Bows Basketball hits the road to close out regular season schedule with Big West Tournament seeding on the line
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment