HONOLULU (KHON2) — The track and field of Lahainaluna High will be receiving repairs.
According to State Rep. Angus McKelvey, it will cost $2 million in funding to make the repairs and, where necessary, the “various segments of the track and field surfaces, including portions that were damaged by wildfires.”
“The community is obviously anxious for these renovations to begin, and getting these funds released is the next key step after we secured the money during the previous legislative session,” McKelvey said.
McKelvey added that the project must now be go through the procurement process where the Department of Education can identify a suitable contractor “so the actual work can move ahead quickly.”
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- $15 minimum wage: Where the debate and alternatives stand
- Buffalo Soldiers laid the foundation of what is now Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Following historic performance, Hawaii’s Max Holloway hopes to fight twice more in 2021
- Rep. Sharon Har apologizes to House Chamber days after arrest
- Rainbow Wahine basketball use bye week to reset ahead final four regular season games, starting with Long Beach State