HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawai‘i County Department of Parks and Recreation is informing the public that Kuhio Kalaniana‘ole Park in Hilo will be temporarily closed from October 30, 2019 to November 29, 2019 for clearing and maintenance of overgrown foliage, bushes, tall weeds and non-native trees near the shoreline. The park will be open on the weekends and County holidays.
This project will create more open areas for the public to enjoy, improve access to Reeds Bay shoreline, and deter illicit activities occurring in the overgrown areas. All green waste will be mulched at the site and spread under existing trees outside of the shoreline setback area. The Department will work closely with the East Hawai‘i Outdoor Circle to develop and implement a landscaping plan for the park.
The Department apologizes for any inconvenience this park closure may cause, and thanks the public for their patience and understanding during this temporary closure.
For more information, please call Parks and Recreation at (808) 961-8311.
- Search for missing hiker on Maui continues after 1 found dead
- Dear Panci – Elevate Your Bedroom with AIRism Bed Sheets
- With construction underway, UH softball coach Bob Coolen sees light at the end of Rainbow Wahine Softball Stadium tunnel
- Kauai requests to rejoin Hawaii’s Safe Travels program
- HPD, CrimeStoppers searching for missing man on Oahu