HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Flash Flood Warning for Kauai has been cancelled, according to the National Weather Service as of 12:30 p.m.
At 12:30 p.m. Kuhio Highway in the vicinity of the Hanalei Bridge opened to one lane of alternating traffic. As of 3:45 p.m. both lanes of Kuhio Highway are open.
There was a large Albizia tree that was reported under one of the twin bridges in Wainiha. State DOT highways responded.
For updates on road conditions and closures, please call 241-1725. Please do not call Kaua’i police 911 unless you have an emergency.
For weather updates call the National Weather Service automated weather line at 245-6001, or visit the NWS website, www.weather.gov/hfo.
Video below of lightning on Kauai. Courtesy Maverick Bristol.
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- The Great Pumpkin Drive-In
- Police arrest three in connection to Iwilei hardware store theft
- The Great Pumpkin pick-up
- Twenty gambling machines seized in Kalihi game room bust