HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Flash Flood Warning for Kauai has been cancelled, according to the National Weather Service as of 12:30 p.m.
At 12:30 p.m. Kuhio Highway in the vicinity of the Hanalei Bridge opened to one lane of alternating traffic. As of 3:45 p.m. both lanes of Kuhio Highway are open.
There was a large Albizia tree that was reported under one of the twin bridges in Wainiha. State DOT highways responded.
For updates on road conditions and closures, please call 241-1725. Please do not call Kaua’i police 911 unless you have an emergency.
For weather updates call the National Weather Service automated weather line at 245-6001, or visit the NWS website, www.weather.gov/hfo.
Video below of lightning on Kauai. Courtesy Maverick Bristol.
- Business Matters: Autosource brings subscription-based cars to Hawaii
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- Alaska Airlines announces “no mask, no travel, no exceptions” policy
- Traditional name to Chinaman’s Hat
- Southwest Airlines cutting back on sanitizing practices