HONOLULU (KHON2) — The New Year is just days away. It wouldn’t be complete without the familiar sounds of mochi pounding.
The Konko Mission of Wahiawa has been pounding mochi at their church for the past 28 years.
They employ family, friends and volunteers to help them with the day-long process of pounding and rolling mochi.
The church will also host a mochi pounding demo at the Ritz Carlton on Friday, January 3 at 10 a.m.
- Woman staying with Cain, Hanel Sunday says tragedy at Diamond Head was preventable
- Trade winds to return to the islands this weekend
- What to expect for Hawaii’s first all mail-in election
- 100th Segment – Learning the various times of the day
- Power restored, roads reopened in Diamond Head neighborhood