HONOLULU (KHON2) — The tramway leading up to Koko Crater Summit will closed on the morning of Tuesday, July 14 for drone surveying.
It’s scheduled to be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
The survey is being done by city consultants helping with long-term improvements to the tramway.
Last month the city did work on the summit to remove debris and seal tunnels, shafts and vents.
They also removed deteriorating steel decking and frames in addition to installing signs at the summit and tramway trestle warning visitors of the conditions.
The Latest on KHON2
- Film, television crews restart productions in Hawaii
- Sunshine returns to the islands as heavy rains exit to the west
- COVID-19 data analyst projects spike from Halloween could come around Nov. 15
- Hardworking Hawaii: Pandemic hurts long-time business Waiola Shave Ice during key summer months
- Ala Moana Center transforms parking lot into a drive-in theater