LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) – The Kauai Fire Department responded to multiple house fires Monday evening and Tuesday morning.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
On Monday around 8:20 p.m., KFD crews responded to a family dwelling in Kapa’a. When fire fighters arrived on scene, they discovered that a stove fire was contained by the owner.
Damages are estimated at $500 and firefighters cleared the scene at 10:40 p.m
Meanwhile, at 2:45 a.m. on Tuesday, KFD crews were called to a two-story structure fire on Leimomi Street in Wailua.
Fire fighters reported seeing smoke from the garage. A resident reported that the fire was extinguished. However, firefighters discovered a small flame in a corner of the garage, extinguished the fire, and utilized a fan to clear existing smoke.
Damages are estimated at $25,000 and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
There were no injuries reported in either of the incidents.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Tampa mayor wants to fill Super Bowl seats with vaccinated health care workers
- Waianae’s Max Holloway makes weight ahead of Fight Island bout against Calvin Kattar
- Heavy rain could return to the islands starting late Sunday
- Officials investigating human skeletal remains found on Maui
- Call to artists for ‘PA’I Arts at Kou’