HONOLULU (KHON2) — On the Big Island ocean safety personnel rescued one adult and three children clinging to an overturned kayak, and also saved a paddleboarder in distress offshore of Puako Monday morning.
A county helicopter monitored the rescue.
Sustained winds of about 30 miles an hour made for extreme ocean conditions.
- FDA, CDC recommend ‘pausing’ administration of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after reports of blood clots
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case
- Cool trade wind weather prevails over the islands