LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — Officials are asking the public for patience in signing up for the Kauai’s small business boost grant program online.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The grant offers up to $7,500 to small businesses on the Garden Island.
Sign ups began at 9 a.m. Aug. 24 but the website was quickly overwhelmed.
The county says as of 11:15 a.m. more than 400 applications had been submitted.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Wind advisory in place for large portions of the state through at least late Tuesday
- Love’s closing could be big domino for Hawaii businesses
- Tagging whales to preserve their future
- Families of victims killed in 2019 North Shore skydiving crash file lawsuit, demand jury trial
- Nearly 12,000 Johnson and Johnson doses coming to Hawaii this week