HONOLULU (KHON2) — A police officer with the Kauai Police Department was arrested on Wednesday afternoon, July 1, according to KPD officials.
The officer has been identified as 51-year-old Barry DeBlake of Lihue. He was arrested for abuse of a family or household member while on duty.
According to KPD officials, officers responded to a report of an incident that happened at a Lihue residence shortly after 3:30 p.m. The incident left a woman, 29, with non-life threatening injuries.
After DeBlake was arrested without incident, he was released after posting $1,000 bail.
The police department says that the officer had been with KPD for almost 19 years. He serves as a detective in the Investigative Services Bureau.
He is currently on administrative leave with pay.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing