HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Kauai Police Department is recognizing two of its own.
Emergency services dispatchers Deborah Carvalho and Donn Taniguchi were honored for helping deliver a baby.
At 2:30 a.m. on september 9th, a man called 9-1-1 after his wife went into labor.
The dispatchers walked him through delivering the baby until medics arrived.
Both baby and mother are healthy.
- Honolulu mayor honors the ‘headset heroes’ during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week
- Consumer Alert: Officials warn of rise in ransomware computer attacks
- Hawaii HR company says some employers are looking to hire during pandemic
- ‘It was horrific’: Sailor’s death at the Kahala Hotel and Resort stirs emotions
- Hawaii’s Safe Travels vaccine card announcement expected by end of week