KAPALUA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A fire that has been burning above Kapalua Airport since Wednesday morning is 80% contained, as of 11:38 a.m. Thursday. The acreage burned is around 550.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
The Maui Fire Department said they will continue securing the perimeter throughout Thursday while Air 1 and Air 2 continue to make water drops.
The fire caused the evacuation of a nearby water treatment plant early Wednesday. There are no reports of damage to structures at this time.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Singing tiger
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 response team holds briefing as US approval of J&J vaccine nears
- LIVE: House expected to approve $1.9T virus relief bill
- Proposal to raise Hawaii’s minimum wage to $12 remains alive
- ‘All I really wanted is to just be able to walk’ DOE green lights limited graduation ceremonies