KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) announced they will begin work on pedestrian walkway improvements in the Kanehili area starting Sept. 7.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Construction will include the installation of pedestrian walkways from sidewalks within the Kanehili Subdivision to the sidewalk along Kualaka’i Parkway. DHHL says this will include the removal of temporary fences at nearby wall openings.
An approximately 3,650-foot chain link fence will also be installed within the Kualaka’i Parkway median between Kapolei Parkway and Keahumoa Parkway to discourage unlawful crossing of the parkway.
DHHL expects to conclude the project in January of 2021.
For more information, please call 620-9500.
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 131 new cases, with 3 additional fatalities
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- The Great Pumpkin Drive-In
- Police arrest three in connection to Iwilei hardware store theft