HONOLULU (KHON2) — A downtown Honolulu park is about to get a million dollar makeover.
As part of a public-private partnership with the YMCA, the Kamamalu Neighborhood Park will be renovated.
There will be a new restroom, an expanded parking lot, new security lighting, and improved landscaping.
The YMCA will be in charge of maintaining the bathrooms and will hold volunteer clean-up jobs at the park.
Kamamalu is one of nine parks the city patrols with security guards.
The five-acre park is on Queen Emma Street.
The changes will cost about $1.7 million.
- Rainbow Wahine Volleyball welcomes limited fans to SimpliFi Arena this weekend for two Big West matches
- Firefighters rescue Hawaiian Cement employee from atop a 10-story silo in Kapolei
- Kauai firefighters battle 40-acre blaze in Anahola
- Halloween Mummies & Pumpkin Pie Tart How To
- Blangiardi details phased reopening plan that eases COVID restrictions for managed events on Oahu