HONOLULU (KHON2) — Kaimuki Football team is hosting a volunteer led food supply distribution this Friday, Aug 7 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The team has continued to host these food drives since May 1 in response to economic hardships faced by many during COVID-19.
Their message: prioritizing youth, kupuna, and their families.
The group began hosting food drives at Palolo District Park, then migrated to Saint Louis Alumni Clubhouse and now give out meals to community members at Kaimukī High.
The operation is led by Kaimukī Football Head Coach David Tautofi who has partnered with local businesses and other non-profit organizations to continue feeding the community.
For more on this, visit their instagram page.
- Jane’s Fountain, long-time Liliha restaurant hopes to survive pandemic
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election