HONOLULU (KHON2) — An Iowa visitor died after getting into trouble in waters off Kaanapali on Maui.
Officials say the man, identified as 70-year-old Pravin Patel, was standing in waist-deep water fronting Whalers Village on Thursday when he was knocked over by a wave.
When he stood up, he was knocked over by another wave and never resurfaced.
Witnesses brought him to shore and did CPR until paramedics arrived but they were unable to revive him.
- UH Manoa makes SAT. ACT scores optional for new student applications
- Retailers struggle as sales fall way below expectations
- Governor hosts small remembrance ceremony at Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery
- Punchbowl quiet on Memorial Day due to coronavirus pandemic restrictions
- Saint Louis senior Roman Wilson takes long road to Hall of Honor