KAPA‘A, Hawaii (KHON2) — Kaua’i County Firefighters (KFD) rescued a hiker near Makaleha Falls on Sunday, Oct. 11.
The department received a call around 1:40 p.m. of a 62-year-old man who reportedly injured his leg while hiking along the trail.
According to KFD, the hiker was located near a riverbed and airlifted to a nearby landing zone at Kapahi Park.
Medics on scene provided additional support while awaiting further assistance to transport the man to Wilcox Medical Center for continued treatment.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Stable conditions return for Halloween
- Medical experts urge flu shots during pandemic and influenza season
- Oahu families getting creative with celebrating Halloween during the pandemic
- Las Vegas MGM Resorts may partially close, CEO says
- Mayor names Honolulu Zoo director as City’s 2020 Manager of the Year