HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police are investigating a dog attack that left an infant dead on Oct. 14 in a Schofield Barracks residence.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Officials say military emergency responders and law enforcement responded to a 911 call regarding an infant who suffered serious injuries after being bitten by a dog.
The child died as a result of the injuries.
“Our hearts go out to the family during this difficult time,” said Col. Dan Misigoy, Commander of the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii. “No parent should suffer the loss of their child.”
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case