HONOLULU (KHON2) — City offices will be closed statewide on Monday, July 5, to observe the Independence Day holiday.
Below are the schedules for City operations.
Are you ready for hurricane season, find local resources and preparation advice here.
OAHU HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Saturday schedule. Click here for route and schedule information.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open. Click here for information.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open. Click here for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Click here for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open. Click here for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed. Click here for information.
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikiki streets. Click here to view the list.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
KAUAI HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
- The Kekaha Landfill, all refuse transfer stations, the Puhi Metals Recycling Center, the Reynolds Recycling HI5 Redemption Center in Līhu‘e, and all the neighborhood centers will be closed on July 5. Click here for more info.
- Since the Kapa‘a and Waimea swimming pools are regularly closed on Mondays, staff will observe the holiday on Tuesday, July 6. Click here for more info.
- Summer programs at all the neighborhood centers and Anahola Clubhouse will be closed on July 5.
- The schedule for residential refuse pick-up will remain unchanged.
- The Kauai Bus will be operating on its regular schedule on the holiday. Click here for more info.
- Regular business hours for county offices and services will resume on Tuesday, July 6.