HONOLULU (KHON2) — Officers are responding to an officer involved shooting in Kailua.
Police say it happened around 3 p.m., and no officers were injured.
A witness says police surrounded a Silver PT Cruiser in a parking lot of Aikahi Gardens.
The witness said that there was a woman outside of the vehicle screaming and a man inside.
Police were demanding the man to exit the vehicle.
According to the witness after 10 to 20 seconds, police fired a single shot into the vehicle followed by a series of three shots.
The man fell out of the driver’s side door, was administered CPR, and taken to the hospital in critical condition where he died.
The witness says he did see a handgun on the victim.
Residents at Aikahi Gardens are shaken up by what they say is unusual violence.
They say it is in a spot where children frequently skateboard, and many of them were at the pool when this happened.
EMS reports a man was critically injured from an apparent gunshot wound. The medical examiner confirmed that the man has died. His identity has not yet been released.
This is the first officer involved shooting of the year.
The Honolulu Police Department has scheduled a press conference on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020 with the time to be announced.
- Cohen deposition suggests Trump wanted to inflate net worth to be ‘higher on the Forbes list’
- Trump calls New York fraud trial a ‘scam’ as he arrives to courtroom
- Supreme Court denies Eastman petition, with rare recusal from Thomas
- Trump arrives in court as New York fraud trial begins: live updates
- Cat reunited with owner after viral search following Lyft trip