KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Honolulu Police Department responded to an apparent stabbing around 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 at a strip mall in Kapolei.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Emergency officials say that a 24-year-old man was taken to a local hospital in serious condition. The incident occurred near Kapolei Parkway and Kamokila Boulevard.
The victim had suffered apparent stab wounds to his upper body, arm and leg.
Witnesses have told KHON2 that they heard gunfire in the area, but officials have not confirmed whether any shots were fired.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds ease off to make way for light and variables
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State