HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Police Department (HPD) arrested a 35-year-old male and seized over a dozen gambling machines from two illegal game rooms in the Kalihi-Palama area on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
Cash and drugs were also seized during the bust, police say. The 35-year-old man was arrested for gambling promotion and possession of gambling devices.
Nine individuals were also cited for violating Mayor Caldwell’s emergency order.
The District 5 Crime Reduction Unit executed search warrants with assistance from the Narcotics/Vice Division and Specialized Services Division.
Call the Narcotics/Vice hotline at 808-723-3933 to report illegal gambling.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii DOT adds 9 electric vehicles to its fleet
- Police investigation into officer-involved shooting continues
- Both sides rest in Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments set for Monday
- Newsfeed Now: Father says system failed after son beaten to death; Family returns from trip to find home vandalized
- Windward showers set to increase this weekend