HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Police Department (HPD) arrested a 35-year-old male and seized over a dozen gambling machines from two illegal game rooms in the Kalihi-Palama area on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
Cash and drugs were also seized during the bust, police say. The 35-year-old man was arrested for gambling promotion and possession of gambling devices.
Nine individuals were also cited for violating Mayor Caldwell’s emergency order.
The District 5 Crime Reduction Unit executed search warrants with assistance from the Narcotics/Vice Division and Specialized Services Division.
Call the Narcotics/Vice hotline at 808-723-3933 to report illegal gambling.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Items with classified markings found in Trump storage unit: reports
- Hawaii reports 1,371 COVID cases, 7 deaths
- Officials continue to monitor the eruption of Mauna Loa overnight
- Pragmatic ‘Main Street’ House GOP caucus urges colleagues to support McCarthy for Speaker
- McCarthy critic ups opposition, says he ‘doesn’t have the ability to serve as speaker’