House fire estimated to have caused $60,000 in damage believed to be ‘electrical’

Local News

HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu Firefighters have determined the cause of a massive blaze that left a McCully home with an estimated $60,000 worth of damage.

It happened Sunday morning at around 5:14 a.m. along Waiaka Road. Six HFD units, staffed with 22 personnel, responded to the scene.

The first unit arrived to find smoke coming from the second floor of the two-story home. According to the fire investigator, the fire was electrical and began in the ceiling/floor space between the first and second floors.

Download the KHON2 app for iOS or Android to stay informed of Hawaii’s breaking news

The fire was extinguished by 6 a.m. According to HFD, the home was believed to be abandoned and there were no injures reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Hawaii News

More Local News

Trending Stories