HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden has been closed for the remainder of February 6.
This is due to a power outage and unsafe road conditions.
The presence of large Hawaiian Electric Company machinery in response to the power outage and the persistent rain have created difficult driving conditions along the roadway within the botanical garden.
Staff will reassess the situation on Friday, February 7, to determine if the botanical garden can reopen and whether permitted camping within the garden can begin at its regular time on Friday afternoon.
- Lanai’s voter service center to relocate in light of islandwide outbreak
- Hawaii scientists explain strange lights in the sky
- A wet week ahead due to a new storm system
- Hawaii Island sees spike in cases, Lanai prepares for stay-at-home order
- Body found in parked car, Big Island police launch homicide investigation