HONOLULU, (KHON2) – The Honolulu Zoo announced the names of twin lemurs that were born on Easter Sunday.
One of the baby’s name is Mel, to honor the late comedian Mel Cabang.
Honolulu mayor Kirk Caldwell was there for the naming ceremony, and gave some insight into the second lemur’s name.
“The other one is really kind of kolohe, rascal, jumping around, causing some trouble, having fun, and that little rascal’s name is Frank DeLemur” said Caldwell.
Officials say the baby boys are doing well in their enclosure, alongside parents Remi and Finn, and big brother Clark.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers