HONOLULU (KHON2) — The only person ever to set a world record on the Honolulu Marathon course has died.
Gladys Burrill died Thursday just 16 days shy of her 101st birthday.
She’s in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest female to ever finish a certified marathon which she did at the age of 92 back in 2010.
In 2011 Gladys was inducted into the Honolulu Marathon Hall of Fame.
Gladys lived in Waikiki until earlier this year when she got sick with pneumonia and moved to Oregon with family.
- Light winds to remain over islands through Friday, wetter weather this weekend
- Evacuations would be urgent in a potential local tsunami
- Weather report: light winds and intermittent showers on the way
- 40 foot tree harvested in preparation for the holiday season
- DOT sending out driving reports, how much will you pay under a road usage fee?