HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu Hale will be lit in the color green on Thursday night, August 6, and then the color blue on Sunday night, August 9.
Green represents the color of Hiroshima and the sky blue color represents Nagasaki. The two will mark the dropping of the atomic bombs on these two cities 75 years ago that were harbingers of the end of WWII.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election
- Mayors want inter-island travelers tested after arrival, but admit there aren’t enough tests
- Student sexually assaulted at UH Manoa’s Frear Hall