HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu police are investigating a homicide at the Waipio Gardens Apartments after a 74-year-old woman was found dead on Sunday night. She suffered traumatic injuries to her face and head. Her dog was also found with fatal traumatic injuries.
The suspect, a 33-year-old man was located at Inspire Church a short time later. He was arrested for second-degree murder, attempted burglary and first-degree cruelty to animals.
Police said they appear to be related.
- Social Scene: Dance battle
- Newsfeed Now: First Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines shipped out; Sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, White House official says
- LIVE: FBI chief testifying for the first time since Capitol riot
- $15 minimum wage all but dead in big COVID relief bill