HONOLULU (KHON2)– One of Honolulu airport’s most important safety assets retired Monday with a big bang.
Are you ready for hurricane season, find local resources and preparation advice here.
King is a 10-year-old labrador retriever.
He’s an explosive detection canine for the TSA at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
After seven years of dedicated service, his team sent him off on a well-deserved retirement with a bunch of tennis balls and even a retirement cake.
King has also worked a presidential inauguration and several big name sports events.
He lives at home with his handler Lance, and loves swimming at the beach, sleeping on the couch and eating.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Navy investigating chemical smell in drinking water at military housing; no current indication water is unsafe
- Officials spot possible 8-10 foot shark at Kekaha Beach; public advised not to swim
- Upcoming roadwork to watch out for on Oahu, Maui, Big Island during the week of Nov. 28
- How the first day of Hanukkah is celebrated in Hawaii
- Trade winds to rapidly strengthen overnight