HONOLULU (KHON2)– One of Honolulu airport’s most important safety assets retired Monday with a big bang.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
King is a 10-year-old labrador retriever.
He’s an explosive detection canine for the TSA at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
After seven years of dedicated service, his team sent him off on a well-deserved retirement with a bunch of tennis balls and even a retirement cake.
King has also worked a presidential inauguration and several big name sports events.
He lives at home with his handler Lance, and loves swimming at the beach, sleeping on the couch and eating.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Experienced pilots avoided ‘worst case scenario’ after ditching plane off Lanai coast
- City plans to move forward with removing steel platform from Koko Crater summit
- Sam Choy’s in the Kitchen – Yamashita
- Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for Maui and Hawaii Isle
- Waiakea’s Kodi Medeiros hoping to live up to first-round promise in 2021 as he opens Spring Training with Chicago White Sox