HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii Department of Transportation Airports Division advises Oahu residents that Runway 4R-22L will be closed for runway improvements at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) nightly from 6:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for about a month starting Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019.
During closure hours, flights will be directed to use Runway 8L-26R which may increase the amount of air traffic over the Ewa Plains.
Work is weather permitting.
HDOT appreciates the community’s cooperation while we work to provide the public with improved facilities.
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- Hawaii County Mayor Kim Discusses Interisland Travel and Medium-Risk Businesses Reopening
- Health care workers showing aloha in Kailua
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to pandemic worldwide