HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii Department of Transportation Airports Division advises Oahu residents that Runway 4R-22L will be closed for runway improvements at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) nightly from 6:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for about a month starting Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019.
During closure hours, flights will be directed to use Runway 8L-26R which may increase the amount of air traffic over the Ewa Plains.
Work is weather permitting.
HDOT appreciates the community’s cooperation while we work to provide the public with improved facilities.
- Light winds to remain over islands through Friday, wetter weather this weekend
- Evacuations would be urgent in a potential local tsunami
- Weather report: light winds and intermittent showers on the way
- 40 foot tree harvested in preparation for the holiday season
- DOT sending out driving reports, how much will you pay under a road usage fee?