HONOLULU (KHON2) — Historic war planes will fly over Oahu this weekend to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
On the go? Listen to the team that’s Working for Hawaii on the KHON 2Go podcast. Every morning at 8 a.m.
The first Legacy of Peace Aerial Parade kicks off Saturday, August 29, at 10 a.m. over Waipahu, Pearl Harbor and Aiea, then toward the south shore and the Windward side, North Shore and then to Wheeler Army Airfield.
Then on Sunday, August 30, they’ll head up toward Haleiwa Airfield and Kaena Point, then along the west side of Oahu before returning to Pearl Harbor.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New beach could come to Waikiki as part of improvement and maintenance proposal
- Light trade winds for the islands through Friday
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kaya’s Store in Punalu’u celebrates 75 years in business
- Maui home energy financial assistance deadline is June 30
- Search for missing diver continues on Kauai’s westside