HONOLULU (KHON2) — Historic war planes will fly over Oahu this weekend to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The first Legacy of Peace Aerial Parade kicks off Saturday, August 29, at 10 a.m. over Waipahu, Pearl Harbor and Aiea, then toward the south shore and the Windward side, North Shore and then to Wheeler Army Airfield.
Then on Sunday, August 30, they’ll head up toward Haleiwa Airfield and Kaena Point, then along the west side of Oahu before returning to Pearl Harbor.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- ‘Sandwich bandit’ in Oklahoma accused of stealing firearms, trashing houses and raiding victims’ refrigerators
- Sept. 23: Renew your driver’s license; One Oahu high school is enforcing a zero tolerance for students who don’t wear masks
- Breezy trade winds, with clouds and showers are expected this week
- Drive-thru haunted house coming to Aloha Stadium in October
- ‘Say Yes! COVID tests’ distributed over 500,000 at-home kits on launch day