HONOLULU (KHON2) — Historic war planes will fly over Oahu this weekend to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The first Legacy of Peace Aerial Parade kicks off Saturday, August 29, at 10 a.m. over Waipahu, Pearl Harbor and Aiea, then toward the south shore and the Windward side, North Shore and then to Wheeler Army Airfield.
Then on Sunday, August 30, they’ll head up toward Haleiwa Airfield and Kaena Point, then along the west side of Oahu before returning to Pearl Harbor.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- From SZA to Kelce: The mispronounced words of 2023
- ‘Other than day one’: Trump supercharges concerns of dictatorship in second term
- RNC’s McDaniel faces mounting GOP criticism
- Trump races against the clock as criminal trials, 2024 election near
- New York, Wisconsin brace for critical redistricting battles