HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 56-year-old woman is dead after she fell into the ocean near ‘Rock Bridge’ on Thursday, June 4, around 10:30 a.m.
Honolulu Ocean Safety says that they responded to the scene and said that she was apparently hiking on the outside of Hanauma Bay when she fell into the water.
They got her out of the ocean, brought her to shore and tried to revive her.
Unfortunately, efforts were unsuccessful and the woman died.
The surf was said to be four to six feet. It’s not known at this time if the woman was hit by a wave before falling into the ocean.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- PSA: Gov. Edwards and Zion Williamson encourage Louisianans to ‘Mask Up’
- Police investigate Pearl City death
- July 2: Incoming passenger count bumped up to 2,813, total 25 flights landed